Here’s something fun that has neighbors dropping by periodically for visual updates: Aloe vanbalenii, pushing out her first bloom stalks ever. Four of them! I’ll post some other pictures that demonstrate how she earned the name Twisted Sister.
Also, have a looksy at Brother Aloe ‘Hercules’ in the back. He’s super jel because she won the contest “Who Can Bloom First.”
I just climbed in there to see if he was working on a bouquet of flowers (which he’s not), and it made me realize that he’s taller than I am now by several inches! He’s almost 6 feet tall! I can’t wait until he starts multi-branching out and gets all “too cool for school.”
P.S. I just measured Aloe vanbalenii and from tip to tip (if I uncurled them), she’s about 6 feet wide. But girls don’t like to win that contest. No one does really. No one.
10 Notes/ Hide
- chenmenghsian likes this
- femmeviva likes this
- neigerliketiger reblogged this from botanicalendeavors
- tanissan likes this
- botanicalendeavors reblogged this from iontha
- iontha reblogged this from andrewsplants
- pachimami reblogged this from andrewsplants
- andrewsplants reblogged this from icanstoptomorrow and added:
- andrewsplants likes this
- weedpullswoman likes this
- icanstoptomorrow posted this